Thursday, April 18, 2013

Making His Presence Known

There's a little bottom and a little pair of feet that are hard at work making sure that I don't forget there's someone living inside of me.... He gets excited when I eat things (especially cold or sweet things), and that's when he starts stretching- his little feet poke out of my side, and his little bottom starts protruding out of the top of my stomach. It's uncomfortable and awesome at the same time.

I am at a stage in pregnancy where I have moments that I think I am about to perish for lack of food... after eating less than an hour before. Plus, my mouth has still been super, super sore. I have had to get by on soft foods today, many of which are not too high in protein, and thus not very satisfying for more than just a little while. I feel like I have been eating constantly today- applesauce, oatmeal, an egg here and there, mashed potatoes, etc. You can almost set a timer by my hunger pangs- they come pretty consistently about 30 minutes from the end of each snack.

The good news is that my doctor is no longer concerned about me losing weight. Today when they weighed me I had gained another 3 pounds (since 2 weeks ago). That puts me at a total loss of -12 pounds since getting pregnant. I really, really hope that I don't gain too much more.

No comments: